Hi all my lovelies
I am sorry I have been missing in action; there is just too much on my plate at the moment and unfortunately this means I just want to flunk on the couch at the end of the day.
In no particular order:
Sorry about the big blergh,... I am missing catching up on all my favourite blogs and telling you all the GOOD things that are happening here too. Because yes, there is good.
- my husbands parents, who are in their 80s are in the early stages of dementia; they are only 2 minutes from us so my husband has spent the last year assisting with numerous health assesments, supporting the sale of their home, organising their move into a retirement village...only two more weeks and they will be settled in. Luckily his sister is near enough to also be helped this process along beautifully - but it all takes it's toll after a while;
- Our dog of 16 years is, well...on his last legs. We have had the talk with the children and now it is just time to get the vet to come over; he has a lovely place ready in the garden.
- my grandmother in QLD, who is 93, has had a fall recently and broke her collar bone. She has dementia which means she is in a heightened state of confusion - while she was in the hospital they found that she was terribly aenemic, which is most likely why she fell, and required two blood transfusions. The aenemia was due to massive ulceration of her esophogus (I have no idea if I am spelling any of these words correctly!)so she is getting treatment for that too;
- I have had both my boys have massive crashes on their skooters in the last month - both involving facial and limb injury. The first was my youngest man who crashed on the way home from school; skidded along his nose and lip and battered up his elbow: I had a phone call at work from the side of the road for that one. The second crash was my eldest out the front out of our house - he timed this perfectly with our wee one jamming two of her fingers. He crashed off his home made ramp: as he later said it was a "three point landing" knee, head, shoulder. Let's not talk about the helmet he wasn't wearing, but he couldn't walk, so that included a trip the hospital. No breaks, but a severe amount of swelling, antibiotics to prevent infection in his wound (blergh!) and Mumma attention required constantly. Boys!!
- I can't find my special doovie to download my photos off my camera...hence, no photos at the moment either.
- We have a new beautiful TV cabinet for our family room;
- I recovered and painted my kids toy box for a "storage" box;
- I have made cushion covers;
- I have (as at now) undercoated another chest, ready for painting;
- I have whipped up a painting for the wall to compliment the new colour scheme - white, aqua and chocolate. It is abstract and very simple;
- I've made blackberry jam; it was my first time and OH MY! I kept making scones, just so I could eat the jam...! Yep, a couple of extra kgs went on there!
I have also been working: it sort of straddles the good and bad category :-D