Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blossoms and bargain bed status

Good morning my lovely friends


This is one of the stunning Iris' that has bloomed in our garden this Spring.

I adore close up photos of flowers - there is something about the veins, the colour changes, the velvety textures, the light shining through the petals and the almost intimate sense of being so close...I just love it! Plus, I must admit, I get a real thrill too when I see little bugs I had not seen whilst taking the photo.

Following my Dahlia painting I am very keen to collect as much inspiration as possible to keep me painting for a while, however I am due to do a special painting for my Mum - a request she has had for some time. Lucky her patience may finally pay off and this may be coming her way soon!

Before I do a painting for Mum however, I have a revival to complete on the bed picked up with my, as I like to call it, "bargain of the year" Ebay win! (see post here)

Secretly, I think my lovely husband refers to it as the day his wife lost her sanity and filled his garage with overlarge furniture that smells like moth balls.

 I will have to eat broad beans before he lets me live it down.
 
I can't wait to complete it so that I can share it with you... I am really exicted, because so far, the improvement by just undercoating it has been nothing short of miraculous.

And the lovely husband admitted it was actually coming up okay and looked...pretty!!?

...maybe I will only need to eat brussel sprouts...

It's been a big week really...painting furniture AND I got to use the jack hammer drill to remove tiles from our bathroom...oh! I haven't told you that the bathroom is under way and we should have a new bathroom by the weekend. That's great for two reasons 1) we will not be sharing our ensuite with the kids anymore (woo hoo!) and 2) I will get to have a decent bath - yep, them kids are gonna have to share with me!!

Wishing you a truly wonderful day,

Hugs

Cath

3 comments:

George Cook said...

That macro shot of the flower isn't too shabby either. :)

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Gorgeous image!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
XO

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

I'm with you - those Pale & Interesting things are on my list, too!!

♥Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog! ♥


Bisous,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy! I love comments, questions and knowing you popped in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...