Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The white begins...before and after entry way

Woo hoo!!

Finally, the weather has warmed...

Spring has sprung (to be totally cliche)

two of the three wee-Tigs are away...

the timing is perfect to begin painting.

Now if you have been following me thus far, you would know that I am itching to start painting my home in white. The first little room to be treated to a mini makeover, was our entry way. The space is only small, but still, it is important to instantly reflect our home and who we are.

Before...dragging me down....

We have a lovely pew that Mr Tig picked up at an antique shop somewhere many years ago, a cane picnic hamper, a couple of cushions I bought to throw on my (then) navy couch, a rustic wood mirror...we have a cute silver crystal mini chandie hanging...but dirty cream/yellow walls....

I chose this room as it was one I could tackle myself to kick-start us off on the great white adventure.

Please note: The front door, on the left, will be painted white in due course. Then, on the right, there is a coat cupboard with the original 80s flat door - that will be completely replaced in time too. Sorry, I just can't bring myself to widen the photo any further...once I do the doors I promise I will!!

So what did I do...?

I painted the walls and ceiling in semi-gloss white. White; straight from the can, white. No tint, nope, I couldn't decide in the end, but Ms Rachel Ashwell saw me through that little dilemma and I just went white.

Mr Tig went out with the wee-Tig for a little while to let me have some clear time to clean and mask up (which I secretly admit, I find really therapeutic...please don't tell anyone!! ), so by the time he got home, I had completed my first coat and two coats on the mirror. A second coat later, and we were pretty happy.

I decided to make a twig wreath to attach to the top corner of the mirror, to add a bit of dimension, when Mr Tig hit a creative moment and popped some twigs across the mirror. I am not sure if he was kidding, but straight away I loved it...and in shock, Mr Tig did too!! I admit, we had a high-five moment at that point.

So that, my lovelies, was simply it: I took the pillows from the family room (for now) to give some extra life and we were complete!


After - woo hooooooooo!!


Really simple I know. I can't wait for the doors to be completed, but for now every time we walk in the house we are greeted with our first metamorphis of Spring, and are very happy.

I won't tell you about the three layers we then added to the family room and kitchen. It is a longer tale and is only early stages - yes, three layers of white made it onto our walls. 10L of white paint is almost gone. Already, there is a remarkable difference, but there is more white to come...

...stay tuned.

Hugs


Cath

4 comments:

ninest123 said...

ugg boots, burberry, louis vuitton, air jordan pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, longchamp, longchamp pas cher, louboutin outlet, sac longchamp, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, uggs on sale, nike roshe run, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, air max, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, jordan shoes, ralph lauren pas cher, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, replica watches, prada handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike free, tiffany and co, louboutin, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, tory burch outlet, nike air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike free

ninest123 said...

lululemon, coach purses, nike air max, vans pas cher, air force, abercrombie and fitch, mulberry, ugg boots, new balance pas cher, lacoste pas cher, north face, nike blazer, coach outlet, nike roshe, nike air max, michael kors outlet, michael kors, ralph lauren uk, ray ban uk, michael kors outlet, sac guess, converse pas cher, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, ray ban pas cher, tn pas cher, nike free run uk, kate spade handbags, burberry, timberland, true religion jeans, coach outlet, ugg boots, north face, true religion outlet, oakley pas cher, michael kors, vanessa bruno, hollister, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, hogan, michael kors, true religion jeans, hollister pas cher, hermes, nike air max, michael kors

ninest123 said...

hollister, ferragamo shoes, mac cosmetics, ralph lauren, longchamp, north face outlet, babyliss, nike air max, new balance, nike roshe, ray ban, baseball bats, soccer jerseys, nike trainers, chi flat iron, timberland boots, beats by dre, asics running shoes, ghd, abercrombie and fitch, gucci, hollister, nike air max, louboutin, celine handbags, birkin bag, jimmy choo shoes, soccer shoes, north face outlet, giuseppe zanotti, wedding dresses, vans shoes, lululemon, converse, oakley, converse outlet, vans, iphone cases, nike huarache, nfl jerseys, instyler, bottega veneta, reebok shoes, valentino shoes, mont blanc, herve leger, p90x workout, insanity workout, mcm handbags, hollister

roba. gad3 said...

https://decor-ksa.com/
http://mchaabaty.com/pictures/
http://mchaabaty.com/luxurious/
http://mchaabaty.com/red-bricks/
http://mchaabaty.com/factory/

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy! I love comments, questions and knowing you popped in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...